Monday, November 3, 2008

Boston Broke his arm!



So Boston has a broken arm....I was really sad and disappointed, I felt like a really bad mom, how could I let something like that happen to my little baby. Honestly it was just a fluke thing, he plays horsey on the arm of our couch and fell off. Well it just seemed like any other fall, which, let's face it boys (kids) do ALL the time. He cried and shook it off and continued to play. The next day (Oct 25th) I was changing him out of his jammies and grabbed his arm in just the right spot and he started screaming bloody murder. I just figured he had bruised it, but being a normal paranoid mom I took him to have it looked at. Like I said I thought I was just being paranoid and over reacting, so I never expected the DR to come in and tell me it was broken....sure enough it was, not a bad brake, they call it a "buckle brake" but it's on his Radius and Ulna, both bones on his forearm. So he has a cast for at least 3 weeks. It really wasn't that bad and he never seemed to be in too much pain, I think it's been alot harder on me than anything. But now that the shock is wearing off and he is adjusting to the cast he actually looks cute with it. Looks all tough and so much more like a little rugged boy!!!

No comments: